Redirecting to republicworld.com
Rape cannot be trivilaised, normalised or rationalised. Rape cannot be mocked. And those who do must face the most stringent action. This mindset needs to be dealt with, once and for all, as it is tremendously dangerous for a society and its people.
CONGRESS MLA TRIVIALISES & MOCKS RAPE, THEN DEFENDS THE REMARK
In Karnataka, rape has been trivialised in the most shameful and filthy way by a democratically elected law maker within the Assembly. What’s more is that his party-- the Indian National Congress party-- doesn’t see merit in taking action against its lawmaker. Nothing can be more outrageous.
In the video below, watch how an elected Congress MLA Ramesh Kumar says ‘When rape is inevitable, lie down and enjoy it'’, and even the Speaker, who belongs to the BJP, laughs.
In fact, the Congress MLA is a repeat offender and the disgusting mindset that normalises rape doesn’t seem to be new to him. In February 2019, the same MLA Ramesh Kumar had said, “The rape happened just once. If you had left it at that, it would have passed. When you complain that a rape has happened, accused is put in jail. But his lawyers ask how did it happen? When did it happen and how many times? The rape happens once but you get raped a 100 times in the court. This is my condition.”
What's as repulsive is that the Congress MLA has remained defiant and even defended the remark, saying it was an “off the cuff” comment. Upon being confronted by Republic Media Network, he turned aggressive but gave no answers. He brazenly said, “I will not react, you cannot force me to react.”
PRIYANKA VADRA IS A MUTE SPECTATOR AS CONGRESS REFUSES TO TAKE ACTION
The top-level of the Congress’ silence itself spills the hypocrisy, given that Priyanka Vadra and Rahul Gandhi have continually attempted to position the party as “pro women”. In Uttar Pradesh, Priyanka Vadra has pivoted her campaign on the issue of women. Priyanka Vadra has gone on-record in the UP campaign saying, “ladki hoon, lad sakti hoon” but remains a mute spectator as her party MLA trivialises rape.
The silence on this incident only reinforces the narrative that the ‘pro women’ public positioning of the Congress is one which is nothing beyond lip-service and a blunt electoral card, at best. While the Congress high-command is yet to break its silence on the outrageous comment and as the anger of the people of India rises up, it is time to demand justice and not be mute spectator.
TIME TO RAISE YOUR VOICE & DEMAND ACTION
It is time that India raises its voice to not just act against this mindset but also demand the most stringent action against all the participants of this most-shameful incident inside a state assembly.
It is time to take a stand. It is time for an uncompromising demand for justice to India’s daughters. Beyond the fashion statement of seeking justice and assuring it and holding placards and going on selective marches, it is time for action because those people that the electorate have put in power in that assembly have not just made the most disgusting comment about rape, but also laughed it off. It is time for our great democracy to rise up and demand action.
Sign the petition to ensure that the half a billion women of India get justice and ensure that we get freedom from this filthy mindset that still plagues some in this country.
WHAT DOES THIS PETITION DEMAND?
- The Congress MLA KR Ramesh Kumar, Speaker Vishweshwara Hegde Kageri and every member of the house who laughed must be held accountable. This petition demands that:
- This petition demands the immediate sacking of Congress MLA KR Ramesh Kumar who triviliased rape - both from his position as an MLA and as a member of the Indian National Congress.
- This petition demands complete suspension of Congress MLA KR Ramesh Kumar from electoral politics, with no party giving him any position or ticket to contest elections.
- This petition demands that the Speaker who laughed and effectively justified the comments of Congress MLA KR Ramesh Kumar faces strict action.
- This petition demands that the top leadership of every party whose members made/laughed about the horrific rape comment ensure the culprits face immediate action.
- This petition demands that the top-most leadership of the Congress party breaks its silence on the remarks of Congress MLA KR Ramesh Kumar and disclose to the public the action taken against him.
WHY YOU SHOULD SIGN THE PETITION?
- Sign the petition to stand for justice for Indian women.
- Sign the petition to fight against the mindset that mocks and trivialises rape.
- Sign the petition to take a stand against misogyny and patriarchy.
- Sign the petition so that no politician ever treats rape as a jocular matter ever again.
- Sign the petition because all those guffawing after a sitting MLA says ‘enjoy rape’ - cannot and should not get away with it.